South Florida Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine continues to monitor the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines to ensure the safety of our patients and our staff. We remain open to support the orthopaedic medical needs of our community and patients.
As we deal with COVID-19, we are taking additional proactive steps to ensure the health and safety of our patients and staff while following all government recommendations and regulations.
Here are some of the ways we ensure a safe environment:
- We routinely clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as waiting room furniture, countertops, pens, desks and keyboards, door handles, phones, light switches, faucets, etc.
- After each patient encounter, we are disinfecting exam rooms: exam table and chairs, etc.
- We wash our hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% alcohol.
- All employees are wearing a mask at all times while at work.
- We ask that patients wear a mask or face covering at the time of your visit, for your safety as well as for the safety of fellow-patients and our staff.
- All employees and patients observe the 6-foot “social distancing”.
- If accompanying a patient into the appointment is necessary, we ask this be limited to one designated person who also is wearing a mask or face covering.
- Non-essential family members and visitors are asked to remain in their vehicles during the patient’s appointment.
- All employees and patients/visitors are screened upon initial entry into the office. This includes a temperature check and screening questionnaire.
- All employees and patients with respiratory symptoms must remain home. If a patient is experiencing symptoms, we are happy to offer a telemedicine visit or to reschedule the in-office appointment to a later date.
- We meet to continually evaluate workflow, protocols and best practices.
- We continue to monitor guidelines from the CDC and adjust protocols as needed.
Ortho Injury Walk-in Clinic – our Ortho Injury Walk-in Clinic is a good way to avoid the ER if you require care for an orthopaedic injury or acute pain. Our Walk-in Clinic provides treatment of sprains, strains, fractures, falls, back/neck pain, sports injuries, splinting/bracing and tendon/ligament damage. On-site X-ray is available.
OrthoLive Telehealth Visits – You may also take advantage of telehealth visits using the OrthoLive app for a virtual office visit with your physician from the comfort of your home. Telemedicine appointments, as well as in-office appointments, can be scheduled by calling our office 772-288-2400.
We thank you for choosing us to care for you during this most challenging time. We’re grateful to be involved in your care. Please know that we are here and available to care for your orthopaedic needs in the safest ways possible.